Welcome to JukeBot's documentation page!
Here, you'll be able to find information on each command, and a guide on how to Self-Host JukeBot.
• Java 13
• JukeBot or Source
1. Install Java and download JukeBot (Links above)
2. Extract 'JukeBot.tar'
3. Navigate to Discord Developers API
4. Create a new application with the name and avatar filled in, and then click 'Create App'
6. Once your bot's application page has loaded, click 'Create bot user'
7. Note down the Client ID and Token. DO NOT SHARE THE TOKEN WITH ANYONE - A token is equivalent to your bot's password; people can use it to login and perform malicious actions as your bot
8. Open 'config.properties' in Notepad, Vim, etc (or your preferred text editor)
9. Fill in the relevant values. Most can be omitted if the relevant functionality is not required.
10. Save 'config.properties'. Ensure this file is in the same directory as 'JukeBot.jar'!
11. Open a command-line window, navigate to the directory containing 'JukeBot.jar' and enter 'java -jar JukeBot.jar'
12. JukeBot will now launch and login under your newly created bot!
13. Navigate to this link and paste your bot's client ID at the very end to invite it to your server
14. Once your bot is in your server, you can enjoy using it! You can get a complete list of commands using !help (The prefix may be different if you changed it in the config)
Self-hosting can be quite difficult, if you are experiencing issues or struggling to follow a step join the Discord server to receive help!